Job Opening - Shooter/Producer
The Shooter/Producer position will be responsible for shooting and producing short form, branded content as well as sizzles and presentation pieces for our development team. The ideal candidate must have a keen eye for capturing beautiful content, work collaboratively with our team, and be willing to learn the company culture and represent Red Arrow’s core values while working in the field and communicating with clients.
- Shoot and produce short form, branded content primarily for lifestyle (home/food/design) networks as well as sizzles and presentation videos for our original programming division
- Operate in a team setting and collaborate with our Director/Producers to craft each story
- Should be well versed in using and managing production gear including camera, lighting, and audio equipment
- Apply creative solutions to each project to ensure quality results as a means to overcome challenges
- Establish and manage relationships with new talent and clients
- Work with Executive Producer to stay within project scope and budget
- Must be willing to travel for shoots as needed
- Accountable for content quality
- Must have attention to detail, persistence, adaptability, flexibility, dependability, and initiative
- Must be flexible and able to balance multiple projects/priorities
- Ability to perform job with integrity, professionalism, a sense of humor and humility, and just be an all-around good human
- Must be a team player
- Should be passionate and excited about the future of media, and desire to take a major role in leading and shaping it
- Ability to evolve and grow with the company and industry demands
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film, Communications, or a related field is preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of field experience or experience working as a shooter/producer with a professional media company (compensation based on experience level)
- Should be experienced and proficient at lighting interviews and capturing audio
- Experience shooting on the Sony FS-7 or adjacent models
- An interest in Lifestyle and Food programming is highly desirable
- Experience using storytelling skills to create compelling video content
- Understands the principles of television production and media
- Understands how to connect content to audiences
- Credits in branded content, digital, doc, and/or reality programming a bonus
We have transitioned to work from home, limiting in-office or field work to only those occasions or tasks that require it. We’re not going to lie, it’s tough maintaining a fun workplace environment over Zoom. But, we do try.
Ask us about our company sanctioned activities and competitions (that we very much look forward to resuming post-pandemic) including Office Olympics, The Red Arrow Band, Themed Dress-up Days, Rec League Kickball, Putt-Putt…the list goes on and on.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should watch our content on our website prior to applying. In your cover letter, please include:
- Why you’d be the right person to execute this type of content as a shooter producer?
- What did you like about the content?
- How you see yourself contributing to and/or improving our content?
- How you heard about this job?
- Links to reel and previous work