Here at Red Arrow, we’re on the road a lot, especially our field producers. Inspired by her frequent travels (and most recently a 22 hour road trip), our Production Supervisor, Valen has put together some great tips to help you make the most of your time spent getting from Point A to Point B.
Warning: If you click the link to Sporcle, you probably won’t get anything else done for the rest of the day….Enjoy!
1. Sporcle: Test your knowledge on any subject from State Capitals to Harry Potter. You’ll need the internet.
2. Hydrate: Coke Zero, Diet Mountain Dew, “Worms & Coffee”
3. Facetime coworkers back at the office – Our Director of Operations, Kelsey, gets the honor of receiving most of these calls (Only recommended if you have a co-pilot to operate the phone…don’t Facetime and drive).
4. Play “What’s in Their Trunk?” Red Arrow Producer, Laura, introduced this both hilarious and, at times, frightening game…It’s exactly what it sounds like.
5. Road Snacks: Cheez Its, Triskits & an assortment of gas station delicatessen
6. Music. Always.
7. Sing along with Willie Nelson “On the Road Again”.
8. Stop for gas. You need it to go.
9. Bathroom breaks. For when you need to go.
10. Avoid Rest Areas. They’re scary. (And, according to Valen, that’s where people get kidnapped.)